The Law of Charitable and Not for Profit Organizations
Need Money? Need to Apply for a Grant or Funding? Operating a Charity or Not for Profit Organization? Are you a philanthropist?
Legal Education Consultants offers a two-pronged workshop that is perfect for charitable and not for profit organizations that need funding.
Barbara Ann Vocisano has over 20 years of experience in business development, cold-calling, grant and proposal writing and brings these skills to the workshop. Barbara Ann has also been a sales manager responsible for hiring and training many sales professionals. In addition to a solid background in sales and fundraising, Barbara Ann holds a Master of Arts Degree in Legal Studies. A background in fundraising and Canadian law is a great resource to tap into!!!
The first part of the workshop on Fundraising discusses:
- How to get to the decision makers
- How to make a cold-call
- Who might your target market be? How to think outside the box for sources of funding
- How to motivate volunteers
- How to instruct volunteers for their cold calling either door to door or over the phone
- How to write an effective and successful proposal
- How to research and compile effective lists for resources
- And much much more!
Participants will receive a ‘crash course’ on sales, marketing and fundraising. Whether you are a not for profit organization that is composed of one person organization, or many, workshop participants will benefit from learning simple and realistic fundraising techniques.
The second part of the fundraising workshop focuses on the law of charitable organizations and not for profit organizations. Topics include:
- Definitions – eg. Charitable, Public Benefit
- Legal Structures for Charitable and Not for Profit Organizations
- Incorporating a Charitable or Not for Profit Organization
- The Organization in Operation (By-laws and Statutory Requirements)
- Due Diligence and Financial Statements
- Taxation- Federal Income Tax Act
- Role of Directors
- Ethical Standards
- Special Events
This workshop can be held as a one or a two day workshop. Participants are encouraged to attend with a colleague or group of colleagues as many roles are discussed. The workshop is ideal for people employed in business development, marketing, financing and management of a not for profit or charitable organization. If you are starting up a charitable organization or not for profit organization this is the workshop for you!
As with all full-day workshops, the delivery of information comes from YouTube, documentaries, guest speakers and PowerPoint presentations are used in order to keep the flow of information interesting and interactive. Breaks and lunch breaks are given and questions and participation is encouraged!